4 methods of straightening curly hair
How to straighten curly hair is one of the questions that we are asked all the time. Is there one product that can magically turn curly hair to straight hair?
The answer to this question is complex. There are certainly products that can turn curly hair into straight hair. Below is a list of how you can straighten your curly hair. We will list the pros and the cons to help you decide what is best for you.
1.Blow-drying your hair
This is the most commonly used method. Anyone can use a blow dryer to dry and straighten hair.
- It is easy to do.
- Does not need much time and expertise.
- It is cost effective.
- One only needs a blow dryer.
- It is not very effective especially for thick curly hair.
- It is not permanent.
- One has to repeat it every day or every second day.
- Can lead to hair breakage.
Demo video-How to blow-dry your hair
2.Hot-comb/Pressing curly hair
Like a blowdryer, a hot comb relies primarily on heat to straighten hair.
- Much more effective than blowdry.
- Can be used to get quick straight styles.
- Does not need much expertise.
- It is not permanent though it typically lasts longer than a blow dry.
- Excessive use can lead to hair breakage.
Demo Video-How to press your hair
3.Hair Straightening Serums
These are products that aid in achieving a smooth and straight hair for people with curly hair. They are usually used together with thermal styles like blow dry or hot comb.
- make it easier to achieve smooth and straight hair styles.
- Protects hair from damage.
- The change is not permanent.
Get your hair straightening serum.
Tutorial-straightening curly hair
4. Hair Relaxers/Texturizers
Hair relaxers and texturizers contain chemicals that permanently change the structure of hair. Once the hair is straight, it remains straight.
- Very effective in straightening curly hair.
- The change is permanent.
- There are different types for different types of hair(mild, regular and super) depending on how thick ones curls are.
- Can lead to hair breakage and damage.
Buy Hair Relaxers and Texturizers